It's Time To Treat Your Father!
1) Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
This remarkably addictive dish is the guilt-free snack we’ve all been waiting for! Filled with the goodness of cherry tomatoes, they are bound to vanish just as quickly as you made them.
2) Garlic Herbed Roasted Potatoes
A tasty side dish for any meal! They’re easy to make, hold a creamy yet crispy texture, and are tossed in quite a bit of garlic goodness.
Transform your desserts with a drizzle of golden nectar. Top this honeyed cheesecake with honey-roasted apricots to add just the right amount of sweetness to your day.
- 75g salted butter, melted
- 200g custard cream biscuits
- 250ml double cream
- 150g Greek yogurt
- 500g soft cheese
- 3 tbsp wildflower honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
For the apricots:
- 6 ripe apricots, halved and pitted (about 240g)
- 50g wildflower honey, plus 2 tbsp to serve
- 1 small orange, zest pared into strips
- 1/2 vanilla pod, halved lengthways
- Butter the base of a 23cm springform tin and line with a circle of baking parchment. Blitz the biscuits to fine crumbs in a food processor, then tip into a bowl and mix with the butter. Pack the mixture into the base of the tin and chill for 10 mins.
- Whip the double cream to soft peaks. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, soft cheese, honey, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the cream and spoon over the base. Smooth over the top with a spatula and cover. Chill for at least 4 hrs or overnight.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Toss the apricots with the 50g honey, orange zest, and vanilla on a baking tray. Roast on the middle shelf for 20-25 mins until the apricots are tender but still hold their shape. Toss everything halfway through, adding 1 tbsp water if the honey starts to catch. Leave to cool, discarding the orange and vanilla pod.
- Use a knife to release the sides of the cheesecake and remove from the tin. Spoon over the apricots along with the roasting juices. Drizzle extra honey over the top, allowing it to run down the sides.
4) Vegan Zucchini Soup
Deliciously creamy yet light and fresh, this Zucchini soup recipe takes just 20 minutes to prepare and is sure to be a new family favorite.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3.5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 kilogram peeled zucchini roughly chopped
- Sea salt optional
- Pepper optional
- 1 tbsp vegan butter spread optional
- Combine the cashews, vegetable stock, and peeled zucchini into a medium soup or saucepan over medium heat and bring up to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes or until the cashews and zucchini are tender.
- Remove from the heat and carefully transfer the soup to a blender. Season with salt and pepper and add vegan butter (if using). Blend until the soup is completely smooth to serve. You may have to blend in batches depending on the size of your blender.