3-Ingredient Recipes To Spice Up Your Menus
The current lockdown has taught us that you just need a few simple ingredients to create stunningly delicious and healthy meals! What’s better? These dishes can be whipped up in a shockingly short span of time
Check out our super-easy 3-ingredient recipes for every meal of the day. Let’s get cooking!
1)FLOURLESS BANANA PANCAKES
Principle 3 ingredients: Bananas, Eggs, Cinnamon
Breakfast is undoubtedly the most important meal of the day and what better way to get your daily dose of protein than a heartwarming plate of pancakes?
The epitome of a simple yet sinfully delicious breakfast! These easy to make banana pancakes can be whipped up in minutes using ingredients you are likely to have in your pantry. Best served with a generous pouring of maple syrup or honey!
- 1 large ripe banana the riper the better
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp quick oats
- 1/4 tsp baking powder optional, but it will give your pancakes slightly more rise
- In a blender or food processor add all ingredients. Blend until bananas are smooth and ingredients are evenly mixed. It's okay for the oats to still be in pieces.
- Grease a skillet or griddle with cooking oil spray and bring to medium heat. Pour 2 tbsp of batter into the skillet once it is hot. Try to keep the batter to 2 tbsp because if they are too big the pancakes will be hard to flip.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles appear on the surface and begin to pop. Carefully flip the pancake over and cook a few more minutes until it is cooked on both sides. The first pancake will likely come out looking unevenly colored, but the pancakes you cook in the same spot should look golden brown on top. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with syrup, fresh banana slices, whipped cream or other toppings of your choice
Principle 3 ingredients: Tomatoes, Cucumber, Lemon
Summer is in full swing and we’re all looking for dishes that are refreshing and hydrating. Look no further, this simple Mediterranean Salad is quick, refreshing, and absolutely delicious! Served with fresh parsley and a light lemony dressing, it's the perfect dish to add to your summer menu!
-6 Roma tomatoes, diced (about 3 cups diced tomatoes)
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1/2 to 3/4 packed cup/ 15 to 20 g chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground Sumac
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place the diced tomatoes, cucumbers and parsley in a large salad bowl.
- Add salt and set aside for 4 minutes or so.
- Add the remaining ingredients and give the salad a gentle toss. Allow the flavors a few minutes to meld before serving. Enjoy!
3)BAKED APPLE CHIPS
Principle 3 ingredients: Apple, Cinnamon, Raw Brown Sugar
Looking for something to munch on while you work or binge-watch your favourite show?
These super crispy thin apple slices are the perfect healthy snack to satiate your sweet tooth without the guilt! Seasoned with cinnamon and baked in the oven at a low temperature, this dish is going to leave you reaching out for more!
- 2 apples, your favorite variety
- 2 tablespoons (14 g) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons (6 g) cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200°F (93ºC).
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Sift powdered sugar into a bowl. Add cinnamon to the powdered sugar and gently whisk to combine.
- Finely slice the apples using a mandoline, to 1/16-inch. Remove the seeds from the individual slices.
- Spread the apple slices onto the lined baking sheets making one single layer. About 15 slices should fit on a half sheet pan.
- Transfer the cinnamon and sugar mixture into a sifter or strainer. Gently sprinkle each apple slice with a thin coating of the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Turn the apple slices over and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour, then flip and bake until crisp for an additional hour.
- To test if it’s done, remove the apples from the oven and allow them to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes. If the apples are not crunchy, continue baking in 15-minute increments.
- Remove the apples from the baking sheets and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
4)VEGAN ZUCCHINI SOUP
Principle 3 ingredients: Zucchini, Cashew, Vegetable Stock
Deliciously creamy yet light and fresh, this Zucchini soup recipe takes just 20 minutes to prepare and is sure to be a new family favorite! Best served topped with fresh greens and crunchy seeds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3.5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 kilogram peeled zucchini roughly chopped
- Sea salt optional
- Pepper optional
- 1 tbsp vegan butter spread optional
- Combine the cashews, stock and peeled zucchini into a medium soup or saucepan over medium heat and bring up to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes or until the cashews and zucchini are tender.
- Remove from the heat and carefully transfer the soup to a blender. Season with salt and pepper and add vegan butter (if using). Blend until the soup is completely smooth to serve. You may have to blend in batches depending on the size of your blender.
Recipe for the vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 stalks celery, including some leaves
- 2 large carrots
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 sprigs fresh parsley
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 quarts water
- Chop scrubbed vegetables into 1-inch chunks. Remember, the greater the surface area, the more quickly vegetables will yield their flavor.
- Heat oil in a soup pot. Add onion, celery, carrots, scallions, garlic, parsley, thyme, and bay leaves. Cook over high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add salt and water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Strain. Discard vegetables
We hope you enjoy making these recipes! Please do upload a picture to Instagram and tag us @zamaorganics!