To ensure cleanliness and proper sanitation of each product, our sorting team cleans and inspects our dry produce regularly. Double quality checks are conducted to maintain a high quality of hygiene levels.
As we only work with organic farmers and artisans, we do not cater to hazardous chemical fertilizers and pesticides. We bring to you 100% organic food, therefore it needs proper management with utmost gentle care.
Here are some tips to store dry produce. This will allow them to remain fresh for a longer duration!
- Plan your purchases in order to store pantry items for no more than 2-3 months at a time.
- Airtight containers are one of the best options to store all grains, cereals and spices. This allows them to be fresh for a longer duration and avoids pantry pests.
- Store our cold-pressed oils and ghee in a dry cabinet away from sunlight
For more specific storage tips as per the product, you can find them in the product description on the website.
Fresh fruits and vegetables should be stored in the right way to ensure freshness. Storing them in the right way allows it to be safe for consumption. Although most vegetables, herbs, and fruits should be immediately refrigerated, certain products are best stored at room temperature.
Here are some storage tips to ensure freshness and better taste of organically grown fresh produce:
- Items such as onions, potatoes, and garlic should be stored in a cool place away from sunlight and moisture.
- Fruits such as melon, avocado, papaya, pineapple, mango should be stored on your counter and moved to the fridge when ripe. You should refrigerate fresh fruits like apples, pomegranates, and strawberries. Certain fruits such as sweet lime, bananas, and oranges can be kept outside. However, avoiding any direct contact with sunlight.
- For leafies and fresh herbs, keep it in the fridge and allow enough space for air circulation while ensuring leaves do not get crushed.
- Veggies should be wrapped in a damp paper towel or a muslin cloth and must be refrigerated immediately.